We use WordPressPosted on
Estimated reading time: 2 minutes, 18 seconds
WordPress is one of the biggest and most popular content management system in the world and it’s available in 53 languages. It is an excellent software, initially made for blogging, but the number of people using it as a website developing platform is growing extremely fast.
“14.7% of all websites in the world is powered by WordPress!” Claimed Matt Mullenweg in August of last year, we however estimate it’s closer to 20 percent by now. It would be interesting to see the WordPress team have another look at those numbers.
The reasons why WordPress is one of the best software’s on the internet, include it’s user friendly interface, the fact that it’s free to use for anyone, beginner or professional; availability to download endless useful and free plugins as well as the website templates. The software itself can be downloaded and installed in their “famous 5-minute installation” and they also have a nice, handy guide for you!
WordPress is an open-source CMS (Content Management System) platform, and it is downloaded onto your web hosting server, which makes it very cost-effective. To have the custom CMS developed on your web server that would work on the same principals as WordPress does, would cost you a fortune. This amazing platform is updated regularly, with bug fixes, security fixes, easily customizable, actively supported by a wide community of users, designers and developers.
With WordPress you can go very far and by using plugins, even further. Our specialised team of web designers have come up with a list of useful plugins for you:
- SEO All in One Pack – SEO is very important for the search ranking of your website and with this plugin it couldn’t be easier! Once you activate this plugin you will have to fill in the form, where you can specify the keywords that you want users to find you by.
- Gravity forms – there is so many contact forms that you can use, but remember to check the star ranking for each of them and download the one that has the most stars – makes sense, doesn’t it? Usually you need to add your e-mail address to your new form and you will see the code in the brackets, which you need to copy and paste into the page on which you wish to use the form.
- Social Media Buttons – nowadays there is no website without social networking buttons! You can choose between static, floating, blinking, colourful, black and white, round, square and many, many more.
- NextGen Gallery – creates an image gallery for you in seconds! Very flexible, creates slideshows, organise content into albums and it allows you to watermark your images!
- RoyalSlider – great jQuery slider with touch-based navigation and fluid layout! Add your images and you are good to go.