I want to be number 1 on googlePosted on
Estimated reading time: 1 minute, 0 seconds
I want to be number 1 on Google is probably the most common request we get from potential customers. In response my question is, Why? This may seem a strange response but when you understand how the major search engines work being number one is not always the best option for your business. 5 reasons why being No 1 in Google is bad for business!
- Achieving top position may cost you business more than the resultant traffic is worth to your business.
- A phrase e.g. web design company in north london’ may be a phrase which people do not search on.
- The phrase web design company in north london is not relevant to your jewellery business.
- Just because you send large amounts of traffic to your website, doesn’t mean it’s relevant traffic.
- What’s wrong with position 2 or even 8 – do the people who click on these links not buy products or enquire about services?
Now this may all sound like a foreign language, don’t worry. Over the next weeks and months we are going to be writing a series of articles on the secrets of Search Engine Marketing and hopefully you will understand more about why being no 1 in Google is bad for business.